Let’s all get along at the dog park!
Here are Seattle Parks’ rules for off leash areas, courtesy of the Citizens for Off-Leash Areas web site (http://www.cola.org)
- You are liable for damage or injury inflicted by your dog(s) (SMC 18.12.080).
- You must be in control of your dog(s) at all times (SMC 18.12.080).
- You must muzzle dogs that exhibit dangerous or aggressive behavior; biting, fighting, and excessive barking are not allowed (SMC 9.25.024).
- You must leash your dog when it is outside the off-leash area; you must carry a leash for each dog while you are inside the off-leash area (SMC 9.25.084 and 12.18.080).
- You must clean up after your dog(s) and deposit feces in the containers at the site, and you must visibly carry scoop equipment (SMC 9.25.082 and 18.12.080).
- You must closely supervise young children.
- Bring food into off-leash areas at your own risk.
- Leave bicycles outside off-leash area.
- Unattended dogs are not allowed in off-leash areas.
- Owners who see unattended dogs or other rule violations should call Animal Control at 206-386-7387, Extension 2.
- If you’re female and you’re in heat, you are not allowed in off-leash areas (SMC 9.25.084).
- If you’re a puppy younger than four months of age, you are not allowed in off-leash areas.
- To come and play in off-leash areas, you need to be licensed and vaccinated (SMC 9.25.080 and 12.18.080).
- If you wear a pinch or choke collar, ask your human to remove it when you come into off-leash areas.
February 11, 2016
April 28, 2014
February 01, 2014